Ashy hands could be a result of the exposure to cold or dry air, as well as not getting enough skin hydration.
I personally experience this during winter time. My hands get rougher and super dry. I honestly don’t like showing ugly and scruffy hands, I think that is so unfeminine.
Therefore it is very important to give your hands some extra care when you see these signs, even though I know it could be expensive sometimes.
That is why I gathered 5 easy and beneficial home remedies that will help you repair your hands and restore their beauty and softness without having to spend a lot of money.
Make sure to do these in a weekly basis, and don’t forget to drink plenty of water and stay away from the excessive use of detergents.
5 Useful Home Remedies To Treat Ashy Hands
1. Exfoliant. It is very important to exfoliate your skin in order to remove the dead cells and dull skin.
Mix 2 tablespoons of Oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of Yogurt. Rub vigorously in a circular motion for a minute or two. Rinse with lukewarm water.
Or you can use my Homemade Organic Body Scrub for amazing results! It is made with organic coconut oil, which is extremely effective at treating skin damaged by the UV rays from the sun.
2. Hand Mask. The same way you do hair and face masks, a hand mask is recommendable to hydrate and moisturize the skin.
Mix a slice of Avocado with 2 tablespoons of Yogurt. Break open a capsule of Vitamin E and add it to the mixture. Apply on hands and leave it for approximately 10 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
3. Aloe Vera Gel. Works well as an humectant, since it absorbs the moisture from the air to adhere it to your skin. It soothes your skin and it is also an antifungal and antiseptic, specially if you have any burns or cuts.
Apply a small dab and rub it on your hands after applying the exfoliant and the hand mask.
4. Moisturizer. This is an important step, since it will keep the ashiness away and will also contribute to having a softer skin.
Try this awesome DIY Simple Nourishing Hand and Body Cream from Whole New Mom’s Blog!
5. Gloves. Apply either some Vaseline, Shea Butter or the Simple Nourishing Cream (above cited) at night and put on a pair of cotton gloves. Leave them overnight. Moisturizing treatments at night are the best, since they soak in while you sleep.
Here 5 Useful Home Remedies That Will Help You Avoid Or Get Rid Of Ashy Hands, Restoring Their Beauty And Softness Without Having To Spend A Lot Of Money.
I am pleased and super excited to introduce my own line of Homemade Organic Skincare:
Please join me to welcome two of my Homemade Organic Body Scrubs:
Lemon Coconut & Vanilla Sugar!
A rich blend of real Brown Sugar with Organic Coconut and Essential Oils!!!
Body Scrubs are the perfect products to exfoliate your skin. Exfoliation is the process of removing dead cells and other impurities from your skin that may be clogging your pores. Exfoliation is the step that prepares your body before you could apply a moisturizer. Exfoliation also increases the production of collagen which gives skin its tone and elasticity, improving skin circulation as well. It can also help diminish skin damage caused by acne and other skin conditions. It helps eliminating fine lines and the appearance of any signs of aging. Another great benefit is that improves the appearance of cellulite!
I have compiled some of the most important benefits that the ingredients I carefully picked for these Brown Sugar Body Scrubs will provide to your skin, please note:
Brown sugar is a great exfoliant because of its texture and natural ingredients. Brown sugar does not contain chemical preservatives that could irritate your skin and it is a source of Vitamin B due to its molasses content. It is an antioxidant that can prevent and reverse signs of photo aging on your skin (Photo aging is the skin damage caused by the sun’s harmful UV rays). Sugar also contains glycolic acid which is an alpha-hydroxy acid that helps you keep a healthy skin.
Coconut Oil is known as an anti-microbial that controls skin conditions which are caused by bacteria. Cold Organic Coconut Oil acts as a moisturizer, antibiotic, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant. It also acts as an emollient providing a softening and soothing effect. Coconut oil limits the amounts of microbes on the skin, improving various conditions like eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and many other skin infections. Our bodies need adequate amounts of antioxidants, therefore coconut oil contains two anti-oxidants: ferulic acid and p-coumaric acid, which help in preventing premature aging. It also eliminates body odor when applied under the arms.
Lemon Oil works as an astringent and detoxifying, perfect for to fight blemishes. It has rejuvenating properties and it brighten dull skin as well.
Vanilla Oil prevents damage of the skin cells caused by pollutants and toxins. It also has antioxidant, cleansing and moisturizing properties.
With all this being said, it has been proved and established the importance of using a body scrub on your skin. I have created my own recipe for Brown Sugar Body Scrubs, which is just perfect to apply at least once a week. It contains the right amount of oils, so you don’t slide all over in your bathtub feeling greasy and sticky 😉
How to Apply Brown Sugar Body Scrubs:
Wet your skin, put on your bath massage glove and pour a scoop of the scrub on your hand and massage vigorously through your whole body or just the areas you prefer. Concentrate on elbows, knees, underarms, hands and feet. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Proceed to shower as usual.
Each Lakshmi’s Homemade Organic Body Scrub Pack ($15) includes:
– A 8oz Homemade Organic Body Scrub Jar
– A Bath Massage Glove
– A Plastic Scoop
Last night I was talking to a friend who is experiencing hair loss problems and does not know what to do. I personally believe stress and emotional issues could be some of the main causes of hair loss, therefore my advice to her was not get caught up on that and not to let her mind control her, as she should be the one controlling it instead. Besides this, I also decided to gather together a few hair loss treatments to help us prevent and treat this condition.
Hair Loss Treatments
1. Rub your scalp. It is said that massaging your scalp with your fingertips activates the sebaceous glands and improves the circulation of blood in your head. So massage your scalp vigorously every night for about 5 minutes.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar. Vinegar rejuvenates your scalp and hair, removing all residue that might be clogging your hair follicles. Mix ¼ cup of Vinegar with 3/4 of Water. Apply on your hair before washing it. Rub your scalp for about 5 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and then wash as usual.
3. Coconut Oil. Rub 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil against your scalp. Leave it on for about 20 minutes then wash as usual. Try doing this at least once a week.
4. Hair Mask. iloveindia.com recommends to combine 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil and Rosemary, 1 Egg Yolk and the juice of a Lemon. Apply on your roots and leave it on for 30 minutes.
5.Yucca and Olive Oil. Yucca is a known remedy for hair growth and hair loss. Peel off a small piece of about 2 inches and either grate it or put in the blender. Add 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil. Apply mixture on your scalp and your hair, cover it with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Rinse and wash as usual.
For more remedies refer to my previous article Hair Loss Homemade Solutions.
The following Beauty Tips for Oily Skin will help you reduce the oil on your skin improving its health as well. Oily Skin comes from excessive oil secretions caused by hormones, genes, climate, eating habits and some products. It is important to wash your face twice a day; drink 8 glasses of water per day; use cosmetic products made for oily skin; watch your food intake as you shouldn’t eat greasy foods; and make sure to use a cleanser, toner and light moisturizer.
Here you got 5 Effective Natural Beauty Tips for Oily Skin:
1. Milk of Magnesia. Apply it on your face for about 20 minutes. Remove it with lukewarm water and apply a moisturizer. According to Refinery29, “milk of magnesia has hydroxide of magnesia as an ingredient, which absorbs oil and causes the skin to tighten.”
2. Oatmeal and Egg White. Mix a Tablespoon of oatmeal with one egg white. Apply on your face for 20 minutes. Follow the same procedure above mentioned to remove mask.
3. Honey. Apply a mask of just honey before at night time. Leave it on for 15 minutes and remove with lukewarm water.
4. Apple and Honey. Peel an apple, cut into small pieces and throw them in the blender. Add 2 Tablespoons of honey. Apply mixture on your face for 20 minutes.
5. Tea Bags. Use the tea leaves of a tea bag as a natural scrub. Rub against your skin for about 5 minutes. Wash it off and apply a good moisturizer.
Good Breath is a big concern most people have. We all love the feeling of cleanness and freshness after brushing our teeth, but we all know that feeling doesn’t last long. Some of us then try chewing gum or eating some mints trying to recuperate that freshness. Unfortunately these are temporary alternatives since the effect goes away pretty quick. Having good breath requires more than that. Today I bring some Good Breath Tips to help you maintain a good oral health.
Home Remedies for Good Breath:
1. Baking Soda. Sprinkle some baking soda on your toothpaste for good breath. Baking soda is also a great home remedy to whiten your teeth.
2. Eat Celery & Parsley. Besides fighting plaque they will keep your breath smelling good.
3. Chew Cloves and Cinnamon. These are considered natural antiseptics to help you maintain good breath.
4. Drink Lime Juice. Take a small shot of lime juice early in the morning, after brushing your teeth and before having breakfast.
5. Unripe Guava. It’s been said that eating unripe guava has helped improve breath. Guava leaves are also recommended.
A Few Tips to Follow:
Besides following these great home remedies, make sure to consider the following tips to help improve your oral health and therefore good breath:
1. Brush and floss your teeth regularly. It is recommended to brush and floss in the morning, before going to bed and in between meals.
2. Brush your tongue. Besides brushing your teeth it is important to brush your tongue to remove dead cells, food particles and bacteria. According to Home Remedies for Bad Breath, you could also make use of a tongue scraper.
3. Use a mouthwash. Make sure to do gargles with a mouthwash in the morning and before going to bed.
4. Consume small meals every 4 or 5 hours. Avoid spending too much time without eating.
5. Drink lots of water to prevent your mouth from getting dry.
6. Avoid constipation. Make sure to eat foods high in fiber and to drink plenty of fluids.