Ashy hands could be a result of the exposure to cold or dry air, as well as not getting enough skin hydration.
I personally experience this during winter time. My hands get rougher and super dry. I honestly don’t like showing ugly and scruffy hands, I think that is so unfeminine.
Therefore it is very important to give your hands some extra care when you see these signs, even though I know it could be expensive sometimes.
That is why I gathered 5 easy and beneficial home remedies that will help you repair your hands and restore their beauty and softness without having to spend a lot of money.
Make sure to do these in a weekly basis, and don’t forget to drink plenty of water and stay away from the excessive use of detergents.
5 Useful Home Remedies To Treat Ashy Hands
1. Exfoliant. It is very important to exfoliate your skin in order to remove the dead cells and dull skin.
Mix 2 tablespoons of Oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of Yogurt. Rub vigorously in a circular motion for a minute or two. Rinse with lukewarm water.
Or you can use my Homemade Organic Body Scrub for amazing results! It is made with organic coconut oil, which is extremely effective at treating skin damaged by the UV rays from the sun.
2. Hand Mask. The same way you do hair and face masks, a hand mask is recommendable to hydrate and moisturize the skin.
Mix a slice of Avocado with 2 tablespoons of Yogurt. Break open a capsule of Vitamin E and add it to the mixture. Apply on hands and leave it for approximately 10 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
3. Aloe Vera Gel. Works well as an humectant, since it absorbs the moisture from the air to adhere it to your skin. It soothes your skin and it is also an antifungal and antiseptic, specially if you have any burns or cuts.
Apply a small dab and rub it on your hands after applying the exfoliant and the hand mask.
4. Moisturizer. This is an important step, since it will keep the ashiness away and will also contribute to having a softer skin.
Try this awesome DIY Simple Nourishing Hand and Body Cream from Whole New Mom’s Blog!
5. Gloves. Apply either some Vaseline, Shea Butter or the Simple Nourishing Cream (above cited) at night and put on a pair of cotton gloves. Leave them overnight. Moisturizing treatments at night are the best, since they soak in while you sleep.
Here 5 Useful Home Remedies That Will Help You Avoid Or Get Rid Of Ashy Hands, Restoring Their Beauty And Softness Without Having To Spend A Lot Of Money.
Do you get a dry face in Winter? Me too… My face is actually very oily during Summer, then it starts drying up right during Fall and by the time Winter is here it is extremely dry.
The cold weather outside, as well as the indoor heat can wreak havoc on your skin, therefore it is very important to take action in order to prevent dry skin.
That’s why I start taking care of my skin a little differently as soon as Fall arrives, by implementing a few effective steps that help me go through Winter without a problem.
Dry Face in Winter? 5 Effective Solutions
1. Moisturize. Cold weather tends to steal away the moisture of your skin. Make sure to moisture and hydrate your skin with a thicker moisturizer than the one you normally use in Summer. I highly recommend Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Very Dry To Dry Combination and Lancôme Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Lifting & Firming Cream for Dry Skin- Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
2. Don’t Do Hot Baths. This is something that I am guilty of. I looove taking hot baths even in the Summer! But unfortunately they are no good for you, especially during Winter time. Instead, use lukewarm water and do not prolong your bath or shower for too long.
3. Use Sunscreen. Something that I recently learned is that you must always use sunscreen even in winter time! During winter the skin produces less melanin, therefore it is more sensitive to UV radiation. Clouds do not stop the penetration of UV light, so the UV index could still be high on a regular cold day and could definitely cause way more damage on a dry skin, making it lose its elasticity. The moisturizers above recommended contain sunscreen.
4. Use a Humidifier. During winter time, humidity levels frequently drop, therefore using a humidifier will help increase humidity in your home.
5. Exfoliate. Scrubbing your face can remove excess flakes giving way to cell renewal and a more glowing skin. Scrub your face in a circular motion for about 5 minutes. Do this at least twice a week.
Suffer From Dry Face in Winter? Check Out These 5 Effective Solutions That Will Definitely Help You Prevent The Ravages Of The Cold Weather On Your Skin.
Aging well is one my top priorities, because I want to make sure my skin and my body are always healthy.
Therefore I am always looking for great skin care products I can use and also refer.
I was recently introduced to Anavita, a Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Cream that reduces the look of fine lines and deep wrinkles, firming and replenishing your skin to look noticeably younger.
Anavita Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Cream
Win A Free Bottle Of Anavita Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Cream By Simply Clicking
Contest Will Run From 2/25/15 12:00 am To 3/11/15 11:59 pm Eastern Time. Only Open To Residents Of The U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Territories.
Anavita is well-suited for all skin types. It is recommended for normal, dry, oily, and sensitive skin. It serves as a moisturizer, day cream, night cream, and makeup base.
What I love the most about this cream is that is thick and rich, which means that just a pearl-sized dollop on your finger is good enough to dab the cream around your face an neck.
I love how it leaves my skin soft and well moisturized!!! 😀 😀 😀
Anavita Skin Care is sophisticated, fashionable, and worldly. It embraces simple elegance.
Their skin care products are never tested on animals and only feature formulations with high quality ingredients free of sulfates, phthalates, parabens, and petroleum oils.
Their unique formula stimulates collagen production and rebuilds the cellular matrix of the skin using three clinically proven ingredients:
-A super-absorbent form of hyaluronic acid
-Matrixyl – a combination that makes this anti-wrinkle cream for face and neck extraordinarily effective.
It is paraben free, sulfate free, phthalate free and not tested on animals.
Apply Anavita Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Cream after cleansing your skin in the morning and again at night.
You can have more beautiful, smoother, toned and attractive skin in just 2 to 4 weeks and see continuing improvement for 12 weeks (sometimes even sooner).
***Take Advantage Of This $5.00 OFF Coupon ***
coupon code: FEBBAC28
expires February 28, 2015
The coupon is good for $5 off a bottle of Anavita Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Cream and can be applied at checkout on Amazon.com.
Say Goodbye To Wrinkled, Sagging And Dry Skin In Just A Few Short Weeks! Make Sure Your Skin Is Aging Well With Anavita Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Cream.
Flaky skin could be the result of skin being too dry due to lack of hydration, specially in winter time.
Therefore it is very important to faithfully hydrate your skin everyday.
I recently learned the importance of preserving or regaining hyaluronic acid in order to maintain a youthful-looking skin.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural compound found in skin that helps with tissue repair, keeping skin moisturized and holding together collagen and elastin.
InstaNatural’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum is a 2 fl. oz. bottle that contains botanically derived Hyaluronic Acid along with a perfect blend of antioxidants Vitamin C + E + Green Tea. It is very effective at moisturizing skin preventing water loss, restoring plumpness and filling in wrinkles and creases, giving a youthful appearance to your skin.
My skin gets extremely dry in the winter time, and I know better to extra moisturize it during this time.
I have been using InstaNatural’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum for a few days now, and I already can see the impact on my skin.
It is much softer and it definitely looks healthier and moisturized.
The product at first sight looks like it has a viscose consistency, but when you apply it on your skin, soon that consistency goes away and it is not sticky at all.
I have been using it at night before applying my regular night cream. But you can certainly use it twice a day (morning and night).
– Improves skin texture and brightness with intense moisture and balance
– Reduces appearances of dark circles & puffiness
– Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
– Provides instant hydration for smoother, softer skin
– Helps you achieve an overall vibrant, healthy complexion
-Enriched with Vitamin C, Green Tea and Aloe for a boost in antioxidants
– Increases firmness and strength of skin
+ Hyaluronic Acid
+ Green Tea
+ Vitamin C
+ Jojoba Oil
Say Goodbye To Dry And Flaky Skin With InstaNatural’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum, A Natural Hydrator For The Skin That Helps Your Skin Stay Young And Moisturized.
Protecting your skin from the ravages of winter is vital! I personally have to go through this every single year and it is not easy. The cold weather causes dryness and sometimes skin irritation. What could we use on our skin without any risks of making it worse? Oatmeal would be the answer! Oatmeal is known for being a skin calming moisturizer and anti-inflammatory that hydrates your skin and it also reduces puffiness and redness. Here it is an Oatmeal homemade facial mask you could definitely use:
-1/2 cup of Oatmeal
-2 tbsp. of Yogurt
-2 tbsp. of Honey
Mix ingredients and apply on your face for about 20 minutes. Remove with warm water. Repeat one or twice a week.