Ashy hands could be a result of the exposure to cold or dry air, as well as not getting enough skin hydration.
I personally experience this during winter time. My hands get rougher and super dry. I honestly don’t like showing ugly and scruffy hands, I think that is so unfeminine.
Therefore it is very important to give your hands some extra care when you see these signs, even though I know it could be expensive sometimes.
That is why I gathered 5 easy and beneficial home remedies that will help you repair your hands and restore their beauty and softness without having to spend a lot of money.
Make sure to do these in a weekly basis, and don’t forget to drink plenty of water and stay away from the excessive use of detergents.
5 Useful Home Remedies To Treat Ashy Hands
1. Exfoliant. It is very important to exfoliate your skin in order to remove the dead cells and dull skin.
Mix 2 tablespoons of Oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of Yogurt. Rub vigorously in a circular motion for a minute or two. Rinse with lukewarm water.
Or you can use my Homemade Organic Body Scrub for amazing results! It is made with organic coconut oil, which is extremely effective at treating skin damaged by the UV rays from the sun.
2. Hand Mask. The same way you do hair and face masks, a hand mask is recommendable to hydrate and moisturize the skin.
Mix a slice of Avocado with 2 tablespoons of Yogurt. Break open a capsule of Vitamin E and add it to the mixture. Apply on hands and leave it for approximately 10 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
3. Aloe Vera Gel. Works well as an humectant, since it absorbs the moisture from the air to adhere it to your skin. It soothes your skin and it is also an antifungal and antiseptic, specially if you have any burns or cuts.
Apply a small dab and rub it on your hands after applying the exfoliant and the hand mask.
4. Moisturizer. This is an important step, since it will keep the ashiness away and will also contribute to having a softer skin.
Try this awesome DIY Simple Nourishing Hand and Body Cream from Whole New Mom’s Blog!
5. Gloves. Apply either some Vaseline, Shea Butter or the Simple Nourishing Cream (above cited) at night and put on a pair of cotton gloves. Leave them overnight. Moisturizing treatments at night are the best, since they soak in while you sleep.
Here 5 Useful Home Remedies That Will Help You Avoid Or Get Rid Of Ashy Hands, Restoring Their Beauty And Softness Without Having To Spend A Lot Of Money.
Here you got some very simple solutions for Rough and Dry Hands:
–Mix 1 Tbsp. of Sugar with 1 tsp. of Olive Oil. Massage your hands for 2 minutes. The Olive Oil hydrates the skin adding softness.
–Warm up 2 cups of Milk and soak your hands in for about 20 minutes.
Another good tip would be to using a few products from Burt’s Bees after doing one of these Home Remedies. They are awesome! and you could apply them before going to sleep. I recommend the Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme, the Hand Salve (a miracle for dry hands) and the Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream. It would also be extremely helpful the use of a pair of cotton gloves after applying these hand creams.