Ashy hands could be a result of the exposure to cold or dry air, as well as not getting enough skin hydration.
I personally experience this during winter time. My hands get rougher and super dry. I honestly don’t like showing ugly and scruffy hands, I think that is so unfeminine.
Therefore it is very important to give your hands some extra care when you see these signs, even though I know it could be expensive sometimes.
That is why I gathered 5 easy and beneficial home remedies that will help you repair your hands and restore their beauty and softness without having to spend a lot of money.
Make sure to do these in a weekly basis, and don’t forget to drink plenty of water and stay away from the excessive use of detergents.
5 Useful Home Remedies To Treat Ashy Hands
1. Exfoliant. It is very important to exfoliate your skin in order to remove the dead cells and dull skin.
Mix 2 tablespoons of Oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of Yogurt. Rub vigorously in a circular motion for a minute or two. Rinse with lukewarm water.
Or you can use my Homemade Organic Body Scrub for amazing results! It is made with organic coconut oil, which is extremely effective at treating skin damaged by the UV rays from the sun.
2. Hand Mask. The same way you do hair and face masks, a hand mask is recommendable to hydrate and moisturize the skin.
Mix a slice of Avocado with 2 tablespoons of Yogurt. Break open a capsule of Vitamin E and add it to the mixture. Apply on hands and leave it for approximately 10 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
3. Aloe Vera Gel. Works well as an humectant, since it absorbs the moisture from the air to adhere it to your skin. It soothes your skin and it is also an antifungal and antiseptic, specially if you have any burns or cuts.
Apply a small dab and rub it on your hands after applying the exfoliant and the hand mask.
4. Moisturizer. This is an important step, since it will keep the ashiness away and will also contribute to having a softer skin.
Try this awesome DIY Simple Nourishing Hand and Body Cream from Whole New Mom’s Blog!
5. Gloves. Apply either some Vaseline, Shea Butter or the Simple Nourishing Cream (above cited) at night and put on a pair of cotton gloves. Leave them overnight. Moisturizing treatments at night are the best, since they soak in while you sleep.
Here 5 Useful Home Remedies That Will Help You Avoid Or Get Rid Of Ashy Hands, Restoring Their Beauty And Softness Without Having To Spend A Lot Of Money.
Do you get a dry face in Winter? Me too… My face is actually very oily during Summer, then it starts drying up right during Fall and by the time Winter is here it is extremely dry.
The cold weather outside, as well as the indoor heat can wreak havoc on your skin, therefore it is very important to take action in order to prevent dry skin.
That’s why I start taking care of my skin a little differently as soon as Fall arrives, by implementing a few effective steps that help me go through Winter without a problem.
Dry Face in Winter? 5 Effective Solutions
1. Moisturize. Cold weather tends to steal away the moisture of your skin. Make sure to moisture and hydrate your skin with a thicker moisturizer than the one you normally use in Summer. I highly recommend Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Very Dry To Dry Combination and Lancôme Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Lifting & Firming Cream for Dry Skin- Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
2. Don’t Do Hot Baths. This is something that I am guilty of. I looove taking hot baths even in the Summer! But unfortunately they are no good for you, especially during Winter time. Instead, use lukewarm water and do not prolong your bath or shower for too long.
3. Use Sunscreen. Something that I recently learned is that you must always use sunscreen even in winter time! During winter the skin produces less melanin, therefore it is more sensitive to UV radiation. Clouds do not stop the penetration of UV light, so the UV index could still be high on a regular cold day and could definitely cause way more damage on a dry skin, making it lose its elasticity. The moisturizers above recommended contain sunscreen.
4. Use a Humidifier. During winter time, humidity levels frequently drop, therefore using a humidifier will help increase humidity in your home.
5. Exfoliate. Scrubbing your face can remove excess flakes giving way to cell renewal and a more glowing skin. Scrub your face in a circular motion for about 5 minutes. Do this at least twice a week.
Suffer From Dry Face in Winter? Check Out These 5 Effective Solutions That Will Definitely Help You Prevent The Ravages Of The Cold Weather On Your Skin.
You have probably heard already so much about it, but are still wondering how to use Argan Oil, just like it happened to me. 😆
Here it is my Review on two excellent Argan Oil Beauty items that I have been using. Hope this info is useful! 😉
How To Use Argan Oil
Well I am going to start by telling you that Argan Oil is a plant oil extracted from the kernels of the argan tree which is native of Morocco, and it is used for culinary, medicinal and cosmetics purposes, gaining nowadays a huge reputation worldwide as a high-end and as a gourmet ingredient in cosmetics and food products.
So I discovered Argan Oil can be used to cook as well as for multiple cosmetics purposes, like to protect and treat your hair and your skin for example.
I was recently introduced to this wonderful oil and I tried the awesome Argan Oil Mask, as well as the Argan Oil Multipurpose Moisturizer, both from InstaNatural.
InstaNatural is a leading online and global distributor of more than a dozen nature inspired beauty and cosmetics products. Their products are one of the top sellers on Amazon and can also be found in leading spas, salons and aesthetic centers in the US, as well as internationally in UAE and UK.
InstaNatural Argan Oil Mask is a deep conditioning treatment that transforms dry and damaged hair into a soft, shiny and healthy mane. Its restorative ingredients work together to penetrate hair deep down and deliver ultimate nourishment and hydration to enhance texture and shine. This intensive blend full of organic ingredients also helps to strengthen hair and to protect it against heat damage.
Key Active Ingredients
+ Argan Oil
+ Amino Acid Complex
+ Coconut Oil
+ Shea Butter
+ Vitamin B5
Deeply conditions, strengthens and restores hair
Provides superior hydration and nourishment
Can be used daily as a standard conditioner
Turns hair from lifeless and damaged to luxurious and voluminous
Increases shine, softness and manageability
Apply hair mask to clean towel-dried damp hair. Use your hands and fingers to evenly distribute a generous amount beginning at the scalp and working towards the ends. Leave treatment in for 5 to 15 minutes and then rinse. Use once or twice a week.
I followed these instructions and I applied it to my hair quite a few times already I love how it leaves my hair so soft and manageable. The mask is thick and very concentrated, and I love how it smells! 😀
I have also been using InstaNatural Argan Oil which is a multipurpose moisturizer essential to helping you achieve beautiful skin, hair, nails and body. This cold-pressed oil is lightweight, fast absorbing, and free of fragrances, chemicals and preservatives. It is great to try dry skin, repair damaged hair, or strengthen brittle nails and cuticles.
Key Active Ingredients
100% Pure Certified Organic Virgin Argan Oil (Argania Spinosa)
A moisturizer that keeps skin hydrated for a longer time
It can help with premature aging
Provides an even and bright complexion by reducing flakiness
Nourishes hair, making it soft and shiny
Moisturizes the scalp and reduces the dryness
Can be used as a hair protector before coloring or styling the hair
Provides strength to the nails and prevents peeling and cracking
Decreases the dryness of hands and foot to make them soft
Prevents and decreases cracking of heels
General Application: Pour 1-3 drops of Argan oil on your palms or fingertips, rub them together and massage gently on face, hair, scalp, nails or wherever needed. Always start with the smallest amount possible and increase if more is needed.
Face: Wash your face and neck prior to applying Argan oil. Take 1-3 drops into your palms and massage on face and neck. Let the skin absorb the oil completely. This usually takes 3-5 minutes. Start with 1 drop first and add more as needed. Apply makeup as usual.
Hair: To use Argan oil as a leave on conditioner, wash your hair with a mild shampoo and pat dry with a towel. Massage 1-3 drops of Argan oil working from roots to tip when the hair is still a little damp. This will work as a protector and fizz tamer for your hair.
To use Argan oil as a heat protector before styling your hair, damp your hair with some water and apply 1-3 drops of oil moving from roots to tip.
To use Argan oil for soft, shiny and stronger hair, massage a few drops on hair and scalp with your fingertips and leave for at least 30 minutes. Wash off with a mild shampoo. This can also reduce dryness, itchiness of scalp, mild scalp irritations.
Nails: Massage 1-3 drops of Argan oil on nails and cuticles to make them stronger and prevent cracking and peeling.
Face masks: Mix 1-3 drops of Argan oil with your regular face mask for an added glow.
Toner: Apply 1-3 drops of Argan oil on face to make it work as a toner. This will maintain the pH level of skin, nourish the skin to make it soft.
Aftershave: Argan oil can be used as an aftershave. Apply 1-3 drops after shaving to get a soothing effect.
Massage Oil: You can use Argan oil as massage oil for body and hair. Take a few drops on palms and massage into the body, hair to give nourishment.
I personally have been using it on my nails, my toes, my scalp and on my face as a moisturizer, specially now during winter, when it is so important to nurture your skin and your body. You can tell it is super concentrated, so all you need is a few tiny drops. To me, it doesn’t really smell at all, which is great if you want to mix it with your favorite body lotion or face mask.
Now I will leave you with two of my most recent pics during the Holidays, after I have been using InstaNatutal Argan Oil Hair Mask. Check out how shiny and healthy my hair looks!!! You make your own judgement 😉
Wondering How To Use Argan Oil? You’ve Probably Heard A lot About It, But So Little About Its Multipurpose Use. Hope You Are Able To Find Out All Of Its Beauty Benefits Here.
Today I have a few tips for you that will help you prevent your makeup from melting, specially now during these outrageous temperatures. Makeup is an important part of our whole look and for some of us it is impossible to get dressed up with out wearing at least some of it. I don’t recommend to wear a lot but definitely enough to still look glamorous and polished.
These are some recommendations you should follow when wearing makeup in the summer:
1. Primer. Use a foundation primer on your face and an eye makeup primer as well, before anything. Make sure to also use skin care as well on a daily basis (cleanser, toner, sunscreen & moisturizer).
2. Wear a Tinted Moisturizer or if you are like me, who has to wear Foundation, wear an Oil Free Foundation and do not apply much. The least the better, so try applying it using your fingertips.
3. Powder Eyeshadows in Light Colors. It’s way easier to correct or fix lighter colors than darker ones. Avoid the creamy ones since the heat makes them crease.
4. Liquid Eyeliner. Avoid pencils and markers since these tend to smudge with the sweat.
5. Waterproof Mascara. Definitely a plus to avoid raccoon eyes:)
6. Powder Blush. Avoid the cream sticks. I sometimes use a Bronzer as a blush.
7. Sheer & Natural Lipsticks. They are easier to apply and reapply! I also recommend Lip Gloss.
8. Pressed Powder. Use a sponge and pressed down once on your face. Go easy on the powder.
As Valentine’s Day approaches it is indispensable to start planning ahead so we could look stunning and impeccable.
We certainly do not want to look stressed out or uncomfortable with the way we look. That is why is absolutely necessary to start getting ready a few days in advance.
Here you got a few tips that will help you enhance your Beauty and will also give you the confidence and the attitude you need to not only look amazing but to also feel beautiful and notable.
Valentine’s Day Beauty Ritual
1. Shave, shave, shave…and I can’t stretch this enough. Do you know how sexy does it feel to touch a smooth and silky skin? Or even try depilation. But get rid of that extra hair on your skin.
2. Get a Manicure/Pedicure. Nothing like showing off delicate hands and well-kept feet. This says a lot about you as a woman. Every woman should always look polished and refined.
3. Pluck your eyebrows. They frame your face plus defined eyebrows also show you are a very delicate and chic gal.
4. Exfoliate your lips. You need to have soft and kissable lips. Refer to my previous article 10 Home Remedies to prevent and treat Chapped Lips.
5. Get a facial at a Spa or do a homemade facial mask. Hydrate your skin so your face could look radiant and flawless. Refer to the Oatmeal Homemade Facial Mask for Dry Skin previously posted.
6. Treat your hair. You can choose going to the Beauty Salon or do it at home. Either or you could still add strength, sheen and silkiness to your hair by applying this Homemade Hair Conditioner.
7. Pick a fragrance. Try getting a set with lotion and perfume. Use both to make sure the fragrance stays on your skin.
8. Breath. Take care of your breath. This is very important because it will also improve your self-confidence.
9. Buy new underwear. This is one of the things that makes us feel super sexy!
10. Pick your outfit. No matter what you choose to wear make sure to first feel comfortable with it. Then dress to impress.
Now start planning and make your Valentine’s Day an unforgettable one♥