Leopard pattern is one of my favorite Fall/Winter prints. I developed this sort of inclination for animal prints a few years ago, because previous to that I honestly disliked them.
I was invited to an at home wedding last weekend and I was unsure on what to wear, because this was actually my first time attending to one. So I needed a dress not to dressy but not too casual either.
I wanted to look elegant without being overdressed, and since I didn’t have time to go shopping I had no choice but to pick something from my wardrobe.
So I found this gorgeous leopard print dress which, by the way, I wore 4 years ago on a New Year’s Eve, and for that reason I wasn’t too sure about wearing the same dress again. But I truly loved the way it fitted me, so I chose to rewear it…so what!
Create A Similar Look!
The dress actually fits me better than 4 years ago, and that is because I have been losing weight, which I am very grateful for!
I mean, I am and will always be a curvy girl, but I just want to be able to feel happy and comfortable with my figure, besides feeling healthier of course; and I am getting there. ♥
Leopard Pattern Is An Iconic Fall/Winter Print Trend! Perhaps You Can Wear A Midi Leopard Print Dress To An Evening Casual Event Just Like I Did.
Leopard Pattern For Fall And Winter *Stylo 252 – My Youtube Video
I remember not being a big fanatic of the animal print trend back in the days. I used to think it was such an eccentric pattern reserved to people with an “eccentric style”. But I have realized my style has changed tremendously through out the years, becoming more open to trends and more ‘eccentric’, if you’ll forgive the repetition. I was inspecting my Fall/Winter wardrobe and what a surprise to find out a decent amount of key elements representing the animal print trend! So, I got news for you my Goddesses: Leopard is one the hottest trends for this upcoming Season! I have spotted it in catalogs, online and at the stores, so be ready to rock it in a diversity of garments and colors this Fall/Winter 2013. Personally, I am not one to follow trends faithfully, as I like to work with what I already have in my closet. I do love, love shopping, but I don’t change my wardrobe for nothing! I do get rid of stuff once in a while, but I preserve the garments that identify my style and I guard them like treasure. But I do incorporate Trends that suit my personality and style and Leopard or Animal Print has become one of them.
I figured I would list my garments and give you some options on how to wear them, since they are pretty much common things everyone tends to have in their closet.
1. An Animal Print Turtleneck. Wear it to work with skinny pants or a pencil skirt, either in black, brown or khaki. If the print is in black and white, I would wear a black or white bottom. Wear it with denim or leggings for a weekend outing. If it is a sleeveless turtleneck, add a blazer to it, in either black or brown, or be daring and play with colors like royal blue (cobalt), emerald or oxblood for a super chic and unique look.
2. Animal Print Bottom. If you have either skirts, pants, denim or leggings in leopard print, pair them with a solid color top. For example, add a black, brown or khaki turtleneck. Or even use the trendy colors above mentioned on Option #1. You could also wear a solid sheer loose-fit top, a cropped top with a blazer, etc.
3. Animal Print Outerwear. I would adopt the monochrome trend and wear ALL black, brown or khaki and then add either the leopard print jacket/blazer or coat over.
4. Animal Print Shoes. Wearing leopard print shoes gives us more flexibility to incorporate colors. Let’s say you could wear a pair of denims with leopard booties or pumps and maybe add a minty, pink, royal blue, emerald, red or orange colored top. Fall and Winter doesn’t necessarily mean just wearing earthy toned and dark colors.
5. Animal Print Accessories. Feel free to incorporate all kind of winter accessories, going from a cute floppy or fedora hat to an appealing scarf!
6. Animal Print Dress. A leopard print dress doesn’t need much, since the dress itself is enough for an eye-catching look, so I would just add, depending on the color of the pattern, black or brown pumps along with gold or silver accessories, and maybe a hot pink or red lipstick!
Now check out my picks for this week! They are statement pieces that would make you stand out from the crowd from far far away! 😉 Stores like Victoria’s Secret, bebe, J. Crew, Boston Proper, White House Black Market, Love Culture and Forever 21 have already adopted this trend:
Animal Print Trend Fall/Winter 2013
Here there are some of my previous Stylos where I am wearing Animal Print.
The Animal Print Trend promises to be one of the hottest ones for this Fall / Winter 2013. Learn how to wear it in a poise, sophisticated and glamorous way!
* Leopard Me * is the result of my yesterday’s intensive shopping. I had a family reunion this weekend and I needed the perfect outfit for last night. We were all getting dressed up and I wanted to definitely look pretty but overall, I wanted to feel comfortable. I went to the mall and tried a few alternatives to end up putting together this awesome and unique look. I went to one of my favorite stores: Mandee and after looking through the entire store I finally found the perfect garments to create my * Leopard Me * Stylo that I get to present you today. I found these edgy leopard pants and it was love at first sight! And I loved them even more after trying them on and adoring the way they fit. I chose to pair them with this comfy loose-fit top in emerald green, because I feel both together create such a perfect combination, not only because of the colors, but also because of the fit and the style as well. I already had in mind I was going to add my Jessica Simpson pale pink pumps and also gold accessories. I am wearing an ear cuff just like I did last week for my Stylo of the Week 91♥ * Pink and Blue Flowers *, but this one is in gold instead. For my makeup I used earthy toned eyeshadows along with a cat eye technique and a hot pink lipstick that matches my nail polish. For the hair, I chose to leave it loose with big waves and one side pushed halfway to the other side (very 80’s style).
Leopard Pants ($24.99) and Loose Fit See-Thru Top ($19.99) from Mandee; JS-JASMINT in Pale Pink Jessica Simpson Pumps from Macy*s ($89.99); Black Snake Print Leather Clutch from Guess by Marciano ($138); Gold Peter Pan Collar Necklace from Mandee ($14.00); Draped Ear Cuff from Mandee in Gold ($12 now $9.27).
NAKED Palette from Urban Decay (Virgin, Half Baked & Smog); Line Stiletto Black Liquid Eyeliner from Maybelline New York; the ROCKET VOLUM’ EXPRESS Mascara from Maybelline New York; Bronzer from Bobbi Brown (brownie); MAC Cosmetics Lipstick (Something New); Studio Tech Foundation & Studio Fix Compact Powder from MAC Cosmetics. Nail color from Essie (Fiesta).
Why not copy my * Leopard Me * Stylo to adopt this edgy animal print look! All you need to do is get this whole outfit at Mandee and watch my short tutorial.