Learning how to stay positive is really important, specially these days, where the world is corrupted with all kind of negative stuff.
But the value of a positive number is always higher than a negative one. This means that positive thinking is always going to be stronger than negative thinking.
So the key on how to stay positive relies on always paying attention to what we do and what we say and think, making sure our thoughts, words and actions are not reflecting any type of negativity.
I decided to pull together a list of things positive people do, and I came up with 20 different habits we should all put into practice.
How To Stay Positive: 20 Vital Habits
Here They Are:
1. Forgive and don’t hold any grudges or seek revenge, because you are always going to be miserable keeping those unhappy memories with you. Learn how to let go and move on.
2. Express gratitude everyday and all the time. Appreciate what you have and do not concentrate on your lacks. Happy people acknowledge and appreciate even the simplest things in life. Give thanks for the family you have; for the clothes you wear; for the air you breathe; for the coffee you have every morning.
3. Dream big and set goals. Do not live your life without a purpose and do not settle for less. You are entitled to dream and succeed. Have the courage to dream and write a list setting goals with dates, and experience the great feeling of crossing them out one by one as you go.
4. Do not compare yourself to others. This just limits your capability of doing way more than what the other person is doing or achieving. Instead, compete with yourself and measure your results every day, so you can keep ‘raising the bar’.
5. Live into the present, instead of living in the past or the future. The only time where you can change things around and make a difference in your life is NOW.
6. Never seek approval or validation from others, and ignore negative criticism. You don’t have to limit yourself to what others think is right. Fear to rejection and to criticism could stop you from moving forward.
7. Embrace changes. Change is essential and ineluctable and nothing ever stays still. Everything is energy and energy is always in continuing motion. So do not resist to it.
8. Surround yourself with uplifting people. Negative people only drain your energy and damage your self-esteem.
9. Don’t get bored. If you don’t have nothing to do, take that time to recharge yourself by resting, meditating or simply to take a walk. I honestly never ever get bored!
10. Perceive failure as a lesson. Every time we fail we are closer and closer to the number one way to actually succeed. The more mistakes we make toward a goal, the closer we are to succeed, since we would have less obstacles to deal with, as long as we do not incur the same errors.
11. Mind control. Do not allow negative thoughts to sabotage your mind. Always try to monitor your thinking and if a negative thought sneaks in, immediately replace it with a positive-opposite one.
12. Don’t follow the crowd. A wise man taught me a few years ago, to observe the crowd and do the opposite. Don’t be a follower and stand up for your beliefs.
13. Believe there is Beauty in everything. Always look at the bright side of everything.
14. Always smile. Even a forced smile can lift one’s mood! Let’s share some positivity with others by offering them a bright smile.
15. Don’t procrastinate. Never make excuses and execute. The time to act is now.
16. Concentrate on your strengths and not your weaknesses. Always excel and focus on your strengths not your limitations. Remember you become everything you put your mind into. So always concentrate on your good qualities to excel at them, and also on what you want to be.
17. Give. If you are experiencing a lack of any kind, it is because you are not giving enough in that specific matter. “The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.” Luke 6:37-38.
18. Have no expectations from others. Do not expect anything from anyone, because at the end nobody owes you nor is obligated to anything.
19. Practice spirituality, putting time aside for moments of reflection and calm.
20. Respect. You must learn how to respect and love yourself and others as well. Do not hurt others. Remember that everything you do reflects back at you.
How To Stay Positive
Living In A World With All Kinds Of Negativity Around Us, We Must Learn How To Stay Positive By Implementing These 20 Vital Habits Positive People Execute.