Do you get a dry face in Winter? Me too… My face is actually very oily during Summer, then it starts drying up right during Fall and by the time Winter is here it is extremely dry.
The cold weather outside, as well as the indoor heat can wreak havoc on your skin, therefore it is very important to take action in order to prevent dry skin.
That’s why I start taking care of my skin a little differently as soon as Fall arrives, by implementing a few effective steps that help me go through Winter without a problem.
Dry Face in Winter? 5 Effective Solutions
1. Moisturize. Cold weather tends to steal away the moisture of your skin. Make sure to moisture and hydrate your skin with a thicker moisturizer than the one you normally use in Summer. I highly recommend Clinique Superdefense Daily Defense Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Very Dry To Dry Combination and Lancôme Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Lifting & Firming Cream for Dry Skin- Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
2. Don’t Do Hot Baths. This is something that I am guilty of. I looove taking hot baths even in the Summer! But unfortunately they are no good for you, especially during Winter time. Instead, use lukewarm water and do not prolong your bath or shower for too long.
3. Use Sunscreen. Something that I recently learned is that you must always use sunscreen even in winter time! During winter the skin produces less melanin, therefore it is more sensitive to UV radiation. Clouds do not stop the penetration of UV light, so the UV index could still be high on a regular cold day and could definitely cause way more damage on a dry skin, making it lose its elasticity. The moisturizers above recommended contain sunscreen.
4. Use a Humidifier. During winter time, humidity levels frequently drop, therefore using a humidifier will help increase humidity in your home.
5. Exfoliate. Scrubbing your face can remove excess flakes giving way to cell renewal and a more glowing skin. Scrub your face in a circular motion for about 5 minutes. Do this at least twice a week.
Suffer From Dry Face in Winter? Check Out These 5 Effective Solutions That Will Definitely Help You Prevent The Ravages Of The Cold Weather On Your Skin.