Looking to de-stress? We can easily feel stressed out due to work or even our daily routine.
Even though it is true we should all learn how to remain calmed and not allowed anything to disturb our inner peace, it is also true it is not that easy. We tend to get carried away letting our problems take over, and this is when stress begins…
I must confess that I have been letting the stress from work take over for the past few months of my life, and this has caused me feeling extremely tired, moody, anxious and even sick.
I started doing my little research to find easy ways of de-stressing, coming across a few good ones. So I decided to put them together, creating a list, and here they are:
10 Ways To De-Stress Yourself
1. Take a Long Hot Shower. I don’t know why, but a long hot shower do relaxes me. I would also add a body wash with lavender, mint or vanilla in it.
2. Listen to Music. Whether you listen to classical music or your fave new tune, listening to music helps you relax and unwind.
3. Eat a Banana. I read that potassium could regulate your blood pressure, being that this one tend to rise when we stress.
4. Chew Gum. According to a study, chewing gum could relieve anxiety and improve alertness.
5. Take a Walk. It is said that exercising is a great way to relieve stress, boosting your endorphins, which are the chemicals in your brain that make you feel good.
6. Talk to a Friend. Make a date with a friend to vent. I have actually done that myself, and honestly, it does work.
7. Be Grateful. Take a moment to appreciate all the good things you have in your life, even for the simplest things like the shower you were able to take in the morning, that other people in this world maybe are not able to enjoy.
8. Take a Nap. You will definitely wake up more calmed and recharged.
9. Try Something New. Trying something new would make you forget about your problem, giving your brain a twist of excitement for trying something out of the ordinary. Put on a new garment, a new fragrance; dye your hair with a new hair color; try a new restaurant or go somewhere you have never been to.
10. Do NOT Bring Home Your Work. Leave work at work. When you’re home, make sure it is to spend time either with your loved ones (including your pets) or with yourself.
Some people recommend for you to eat a meal or eat chocolate, I chose not to list it as an option, since this could be a double-edged sword, just like it happened to me…you could start eating tons of food as a result of anxiety, and this is definitely unhealthy.
Looking To De-Stress Yourself? Try These 10 Simple, Easy And Quick Ways! Stress Could Make Us Feel Anxious And Affect Our Health. Learn How To Fight It.