Learning how to stay positive is really important, specially these days, where the world is corrupted with all kind of negative stuff.
But the value of a positive number is always higher than a negative one. This means that positive thinking is always going to be stronger than negative thinking.
So the key on how to stay positive relies on always paying attention to what we do and what we say and think, making sure our thoughts, words and actions are not reflecting any type of negativity.
I decided to pull together a list of things positive people do, and I came up with 20 different habits we should all put into practice.
How To Stay Positive: 20 Vital Habits
Here They Are:
1. Forgive and don’t hold any grudges or seek revenge, because you are always going to be miserable keeping those unhappy memories with you. Learn how to let go and move on.
2. Express gratitude everyday and all the time. Appreciate what you have and do not concentrate on your lacks. Happy people acknowledge and appreciate even the simplest things in life. Give thanks for the family you have; for the clothes you wear; for the air you breathe; for the coffee you have every morning.
3. Dream big and set goals. Do not live your life without a purpose and do not settle for less. You are entitled to dream and succeed. Have the courage to dream and write a list setting goals with dates, and experience the great feeling of crossing them out one by one as you go.
4. Do not compare yourself to others. This just limits your capability of doing way more than what the other person is doing or achieving. Instead, compete with yourself and measure your results every day, so you can keep ‘raising the bar’.
5. Live into the present, instead of living in the past or the future. The only time where you can change things around and make a difference in your life is NOW.
6. Never seek approval or validation from others, and ignore negative criticism. You don’t have to limit yourself to what others think is right. Fear to rejection and to criticism could stop you from moving forward.
7. Embrace changes. Change is essential and ineluctable and nothing ever stays still. Everything is energy and energy is always in continuing motion. So do not resist to it.
8. Surround yourself with uplifting people. Negative people only drain your energy and damage your self-esteem.
9. Don’t get bored. If you don’t have nothing to do, take that time to recharge yourself by resting, meditating or simply to take a walk. I honestly never ever get bored!
10. Perceive failure as a lesson. Every time we fail we are closer and closer to the number one way to actually succeed. The more mistakes we make toward a goal, the closer we are to succeed, since we would have less obstacles to deal with, as long as we do not incur the same errors.
11. Mind control. Do not allow negative thoughts to sabotage your mind. Always try to monitor your thinking and if a negative thought sneaks in, immediately replace it with a positive-opposite one.
12. Don’t follow the crowd. A wise man taught me a few years ago, to observe the crowd and do the opposite. Don’t be a follower and stand up for your beliefs.
13. Believe there is Beauty in everything. Always look at the bright side of everything.
14. Always smile. Even a forced smile can lift one’s mood! Let’s share some positivity with others by offering them a bright smile.
15. Don’t procrastinate. Never make excuses and execute. The time to act is now.
16. Concentrate on your strengths and not your weaknesses. Always excel and focus on your strengths not your limitations. Remember you become everything you put your mind into. So always concentrate on your good qualities to excel at them, and also on what you want to be.
17. Give. If you are experiencing a lack of any kind, it is because you are not giving enough in that specific matter. “The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.” Luke 6:37-38.
18. Have no expectations from others. Do not expect anything from anyone, because at the end nobody owes you nor is obligated to anything.
19. Practice spirituality, putting time aside for moments of reflection and calm.
20. Respect. You must learn how to respect and love yourself and others as well. Do not hurt others. Remember that everything you do reflects back at you.
How To Stay Positive
Living In A World With All Kinds Of Negativity Around Us, We Must Learn How To Stay Positive By Implementing These 20 Vital Habits Positive People Execute.
It is always good to know how to stay motivated, when referring to pursuing our passion and dreams.
Did you ever start a project very enthusiastic and left it half way due to lack of motivation? I don’t know about you, but I have been through similar situations where I have lost interest down the road.
One of the keys to success is staying motivated all the time, and I know this is not easy, because of all the obstacles in the way, counting also all of our personal issues in the mix too.
But it is also important to know what our passion is. Some people live their lives like robots, not knowing their real purpose in this life, therefore they have no motivation for anything whatsoever!
If you already know what your passion is, then you are right on board and ready to ditch the following motivation killers:
*How To Stay Motivated: Avoid These Motivation Killers
Avoid negative people around you, since this kind of people are just afraid of other people’s success, and would do anything to sabotage your project. For more information about negative people, refer to my article How to Deal with Toxic People.
When people are afraid, they often quit without even trying. They don’t take risks. But risks are necessary for growth and improvement.
Don’t quit before even trying. We must understand that rejection is a possible outcome, and that it is okay, because at least you will know that is not the right path and that you need to go in a different direction.
I know ‘not making it’ is uncomfortable at times, but the only way to succeed is trying one time after another.
Not Having Set Goals
You must have a destination in mind knowing what your goals are; otherwise you will never know where you’re heading to. To learn how to set your goals read my previous post The Perfect Formula to Achieving your Goals.
You need to rest in order to re-energize yourself.
You also need to take care of your body in order to maintain a good health. Try your best to eat right, have enough sleep, take a walk, etc.
I am one who obviously does not excel on this matter, but at least I try to eat right Monday through Friday, and sleep better on the weekends 😉
Lack Of Knowledge
Having confidence is really powerful, and knowledge definitely grows that much needed self confidence.
When our confidence is high, we achieve so much more, even if we fail a few times. Successful people tend to accumulate knowledge as much as possible. Knowledge boosts our confidence.
We can be passionate about a goal, but if we don’t know how to attain it, that passion soon vanishes, and our dream with it as well.
I can definitely relate to this big time. I have been doing makeup on people for the longest, but I never felt confident until I went to school and mastered my already innate skills. After that, I developed such a high confidence in myself, and that is because I know I now have the knowledge, and to me that feeling is PRICELESS.
If you would like to know a few more tips on how to stay motivated, you can also refer to my post: 5 Great Tips to Self Motivation.
Looking to de-stress? We can easily feel stressed out due to work or even our daily routine.
Even though it is true we should all learn how to remain calmed and not allowed anything to disturb our inner peace, it is also true it is not that easy. We tend to get carried away letting our problems take over, and this is when stress begins…
I must confess that I have been letting the stress from work take over for the past few months of my life, and this has caused me feeling extremely tired, moody, anxious and even sick.
I started doing my little research to find easy ways of de-stressing, coming across a few good ones. So I decided to put them together, creating a list, and here they are:
10 Ways To De-Stress Yourself
1. Take a Long Hot Shower. I don’t know why, but a long hot shower do relaxes me. I would also add a body wash with lavender, mint or vanilla in it.
2. Listen to Music. Whether you listen to classical music or your fave new tune, listening to music helps you relax and unwind.
3. Eat a Banana. I read that potassium could regulate your blood pressure, being that this one tend to rise when we stress.
4. Chew Gum. According to a study, chewing gum could relieve anxiety and improve alertness.
5. Take a Walk. It is said that exercising is a great way to relieve stress, boosting your endorphins, which are the chemicals in your brain that make you feel good.
6. Talk to a Friend. Make a date with a friend to vent. I have actually done that myself, and honestly, it does work.
7. Be Grateful. Take a moment to appreciate all the good things you have in your life, even for the simplest things like the shower you were able to take in the morning, that other people in this world maybe are not able to enjoy.
8. Take a Nap. You will definitely wake up more calmed and recharged.
9. Try Something New. Trying something new would make you forget about your problem, giving your brain a twist of excitement for trying something out of the ordinary. Put on a new garment, a new fragrance; dye your hair with a new hair color; try a new restaurant or go somewhere you have never been to.
10. Do NOT Bring Home Your Work. Leave work at work. When you’re home, make sure it is to spend time either with your loved ones (including your pets) or with yourself.
Some people recommend for you to eat a meal or eat chocolate, I chose not to list it as an option, since this could be a double-edged sword, just like it happened to me…you could start eating tons of food as a result of anxiety, and this is definitely unhealthy.
Looking To De-Stress Yourself? Try These 10 Simple, Easy And Quick Ways! Stress Could Make Us Feel Anxious And Affect Our Health. Learn How To Fight It.
It has been a while since I posted my last Thought Of The Day article…
I have been very busy with tons of work and responsibilities, to the point I have been posting twice a week instead of my regular four posts I used to do.
But today, I wanted to write from the heart, instead of doing my usual research to give you tips on how to improve yourself and nurture your inner beauty.
I wanted to talk about disappointment, unfairness and all those negative feelings we sometimes experiment in life, whether it’s at work, at home or just in general.
As most of you know, I have a fulltime job and I work in the corporate world, which honestly sucks! It goes against my nature and everything I believe in. But to me it is just a job for now that will eventually get replaced by my passion.
It is one of the most cold environments to work for, and I say this because a lot of people in corporate do not seem to care for others. It is all about hitting numbers and that is exactly how they perceive you: just like a number; your name and you as a person are really irrelevant to them.
Most of us spend our time and our life at work, therefore our coworkers and bosses tend to become like our second family. We get attached to them, we share happy, sad and stressful moments and experiences. Some of us even owe our bosses favors, like for example giving us a chance (or even second chances), making us able to put food on our table.
Like me, I will forever owe a very special angel, the chance she gave me back when I didn’t even speak English or didn’t even know how to turn on/off a computer, and knowing this, she still hired me and gave me an office job in the United States.
I left that job to go back to my country and when I came back a few years later she helped me two more times and again gave me a job. And just recently helped me get a promotion.
To see her help so many people and be such a great and fair boss made me admire her and respect her all of these years, that to hear she was let go today, and was not treated how she deserved it, makes me sad and yes! UPSET.
At least I was expecting a better treatment and recognition after her 40 years of devotion and dedication to a company that saw her mature and grow into the amazing woman she is today.
I don’t know about you, but to me this is denigrating and unfair. I usually don’t write about negative stuff, but I am sorry, I can not stay shut this time and pretend it doesn’t hurt me.
I know she is going to be just fine, but the that is not the point. It is the way things were done, that makes the difference.
So my message to you it’s that for nothing in the world allow a job to take away your integrity, your time and your life.
Don’t make your job the #1 priority in your life. It is important, don’t get me wrong, and you should do your best to do your job right, but it should not be on the top of your list, like it should be your family, your passion, your life…
At the end, you’ll spend your whole life chasing money, fame and titles that will definitely not remain with you, when you go… and everyone will also forget about it.
How do you know when is time for a change? I don’t think I would have been able to answer that question a few months ago…till now. I often talk about accepting life changes with a positive attitude, but never contemplated the possibility of when it’s you who needs to take action and make those life changes take place.
I recently decided to make some changes in my life, and I realized I had to, because I was not happy with my current situation, and I figured that instead of complaining over and over, I might as well do something about it.
I knew a change was a must, because I had enough and I knew I was not going to be able to deal with it any longer.
With that decision made, more changes came along, that need to happen in order for me to achieve my final goal.
Sometimes we try to justify where we stand, because deep inside we are afraid to take risks and we fear to fail. But if we don’t try we are never going to know the outcome. If you feel you’re not happy with your current situation, whatever this one may be, do not remain static and do something about it! Only you have the last word…
To find out if you need to start making life changes, read these 3 statements:
1. You are unhappy with a specific situation and feel you can’t take it anymore
2. Things seem not to get better, or they’re even getting worse
3. You know exactly how you would like things to be
If you answered positive to these three statements, then you are definitely in need of some life changes. For more tips on how to face changes, refer to When Change Strikes: What to Do?, Making Changes in your Life and The Perfect Formula to Achieving your Goals.