I remember not being a big fanatic of the animal print trend back in the days. I used to think it was such an eccentric pattern reserved to people with an “eccentric style”. But I have realized my style has changed tremendously through out the years, becoming more open to trends and more ‘eccentric’, if you’ll forgive the repetition. I was inspecting my Fall/Winter wardrobe and what a surprise to find out a decent amount of key elements representing the animal print trend! So, I got news for you my Goddesses: Leopard is one the hottest trends for this upcoming Season! I have spotted it in catalogs, online and at the stores, so be ready to rock it in a diversity of garments and colors this Fall/Winter 2013. Personally, I am not one to follow trends faithfully, as I like to work with what I already have in my closet. I do love, love shopping, but I don’t change my wardrobe for nothing! I do get rid of stuff once in a while, but I preserve the garments that identify my style and I guard them like treasure. But I do incorporate Trends that suit my personality and style and Leopard or Animal Print has become one of them.
I figured I would list my garments and give you some options on how to wear them, since they are pretty much common things everyone tends to have in their closet.
1. An Animal Print Turtleneck. Wear it to work with skinny pants or a pencil skirt, either in black, brown or khaki. If the print is in black and white, I would wear a black or white bottom. Wear it with denim or leggings for a weekend outing. If it is a sleeveless turtleneck, add a blazer to it, in either black or brown, or be daring and play with colors like royal blue (cobalt), emerald or oxblood for a super chic and unique look.
2. Animal Print Bottom. If you have either skirts, pants, denim or leggings in leopard print, pair them with a solid color top. For example, add a black, brown or khaki turtleneck. Or even use the trendy colors above mentioned on Option #1. You could also wear a solid sheer loose-fit top, a cropped top with a blazer, etc.
3. Animal Print Outerwear. I would adopt the monochrome trend and wear ALL black, brown or khaki and then add either the leopard print jacket/blazer or coat over.
4. Animal Print Shoes. Wearing leopard print shoes gives us more flexibility to incorporate colors. Let’s say you could wear a pair of denims with leopard booties or pumps and maybe add a minty, pink, royal blue, emerald, red or orange colored top. Fall and Winter doesn’t necessarily mean just wearing earthy toned and dark colors.
5. Animal Print Accessories. Feel free to incorporate all kind of winter accessories, going from a cute floppy or fedora hat to an appealing scarf!
6. Animal Print Dress. A leopard print dress doesn’t need much, since the dress itself is enough for an eye-catching look, so I would just add, depending on the color of the pattern, black or brown pumps along with gold or silver accessories, and maybe a hot pink or red lipstick!
Now check out my picks for this week! They are statement pieces that would make you stand out from the crowd from far far away! 😉 Stores like Victoria’s Secret, bebe, J. Crew, Boston Proper, White House Black Market, Love Culture and Forever 21 have already adopted this trend:
Animal Print Trend Fall/Winter 2013
Here there are some of my previous Stylos where I am wearing Animal Print.
The Animal Print Trend promises to be one of the hottest ones for this Fall / Winter 2013. Learn how to wear it in a poise, sophisticated and glamorous way!