If there is anything you would like to do or to achieve and simply can’t find a way to start off, it is because you are suffering from lack of motivation. I am pretty sure there must be something right now you would love to accomplish, but you just don’t seem to make the effort to do it, and you probably are even making up excuses right now as you are reading this, on why you just can’t get it done. And I am only telling you this because I’ve been there. I tend to procrastinate sometimes, but at the end, I always try to find a way to get things done. For the past month, I have gained some weight, and I think it’s because I was kind of anxious with everything going on before and after “Sandy”. I was home those days of the storm eating everything and anything! I’ve been saying for a while that I wanted to join the gym, BUT of course, I came up with a million excuses… one of them was that I didn’t have time because of my full-time job and also because of my Blog. But when I was at the doctor’s office the other day and saw the number on that scale I wanted to die! So bad that as soon as my visit finished, I ran to the gym and signed up immediately. I have been going ever since. So, I started thinking on what to do to create self motivation even if it’s just to clean the house and I came up with five good tips to help you get started:
1. Set the Goal. You need to be clear on what is it that you want to accomplish.
2. Put deadlines. If you don’t set a time frame, chances are you will either never start or never finish.
3. Find a song or a quote that motivates you. I personally love “Titanium” by David Guetta & Sia and also “Let’s Go” by Calvin Harris feat. Ne-Yo.
4. Be competitive with yourself. Do not settle for less. Always seek for excellence.
5. Reward yourself. Celebrate the small victories along with the big ones. Treat yourself. For example buy something you really want, a shirt, a perfume, a bracelet. Eat your favorite dish, take the longest nap ever. And don’t forget to call yourself Beautiful, Smart, Amazing, Awesome!!!